Miele is anItalianfilmdirected byValeria Golinoand released in2013. This is the first film as the director of the Italian actress. Freely inspired by the novel Vi perdono byMauro Covacich( published in 2009 under the pseudonym of Angela Del Fabbro), the film is selected in the section ” Un certain regard ” at the2013 Cannes Film Festival.
Irene is a young Italian woman, living alone in a house by the sea in the region of Rome . Under the pseudonym “Miele”, she secretly helps patients die by providing them with a barbiturate normally reserved for the veterinary use she gets in Mexico . One day, she gives a dose of the product to Mr. Grimaldi but shortly after, he reveals to him on the telephone that it is in perfect health. She tries to dissuade him from committing suicide.
- Jasmine Trinca : Irene (Miele)
- Carlo Cecchi : Mr. Grimaldi (“he inginiere”)
- Libero De Rienzo : Rocco (the “colleague” of Miele)
- Vinicio Marchioni : Stefano (Irene’s lover)
- Iaia Forte : Clelia
- Roberto De Francesco
- Barbara Ronchi
- Massimiliano Iacolucci : Irene’s father
- Claudio Guain
- Elena Callegari
- Ditta Teresa Acerbis
- Valeria Bilello
- Gianluca Di Gennaro
On April 18, 2013, the film was selected for competition in the ” Un certain regard ” section of the Cannes Film Festival . It is presented.
Upon its release in Italy, the film is positively welcomed by The Hollywood Reporter , which stresses the “impressive maturity” of the director which is yet the first film 3 .
- 2013 Cannes Film Festival in the selection ” Un Certain Regard “
- Thessaloniki International Film Festival 2013
- European Film Prize 2013 in the category “Discovery of the Year”
- Palm Springs International Film Festival 2014 : World Cinema Now Selection
Notes and references
- ↑ ( it ) A nome tuo – Mauro Covacich [ archive ] on the Einaudi website .
- ↑ ( it ) Ho paura di vedere i miei fantasmi sullo schermo [ archive ] in the Corriere della Sera of September 17, 2012.
- ↑ ( in ) Miele: Film Review [ archive ] by Deborah Young in The Hollywood Reporter May 2, 2013.