Love bluntly is the name of a song by Gustavo Cerati , who appeared on his album Fuerza natural .
Letter and sounds
The sound of “Amor sin rodeos” is characteristic of the whole album. Sounds of wind, instruments with a fast pace that give the impression of simulating the rapid march of a horse (as seen on the album cover), are predominant in the song. Cerati would talk about the album in general as:
It does not have an ecological message, but it speaks precisely of the internal and external natural forces, the invisible ones and the daily ones. It also has lots of countryside, lots of pampa. 2
That sound is main in “Amor sin rodeos”, being a song very influenced by the idea generally of the disc.
The lyrics of the song speak about the singer, who has “robbed the heart” of a person and must flee from his people, since he is wanted, and even a “reward” on his head is mentioned. The chorus of the song mentions ” Little town, big hell , we are wild horses, we already defy the law”.
According to Allmusic , “Amor sin rodeos” is one of the best songs of the album, along with ” Rapto ” and ” Sal “. 3
- Although Cerati never talked about the song, the song contains a small sample of “Can not find my way home” by Blind Faith . 4
- Back to top↑ CERATI.COM | Natural force
- Back to top↑ “Note to Gustavo Cerati” – Clarín
- Back to top↑ Force Natural – Gustavo Cerati: Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards: AllMusic
- Back to top↑ Gustavo Cerati’s Love Without Rodeos sample of Blind Faith’s Can not find my way home