Kevin Alfred Strom ( Anchorage , 17 as August as 1956 ) is an American politician. He was the director of National Vanguard , an organization from Charlottesville ( Virginia ), which has been described as racist , white separatist , homophobic and neo – Nazi . 1 2 Strom resigned from National Vanguard in July 2006 . 3 National Vanguard separated the 14 as March as 2007 , and its website has been not been updated for a while.
Strom was tried for sexual harassment of a 10-year-old girl, but this charge was dismissed for lack of evidence. 4 5 On January 4, 2008, he pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography . 4 6 The 21 of April of 2008 was sentenced to 23 months in prison. 7
In 1982 , Kevin Alfred Strom joined the National Alliance , a group that has been described as anti – Semitic , 8 9 racist , 9 October and neo – Nazi . November December 13 14 In 1991 , he founded and distributed the program shortwave American Dissident Voices , which could also be heard by Internet . In 1995 , he founded and edited the Free Speech magazine published by the National Alliance as a complement to the radio program . In the early months of 2002 , a few months before his cancer death on July 23 , National Alliance founder William Luther Pierce addressed Strom as editor of National Vanguard magazine and as media director for the organization. Pierce also named Strom as the publisher of the association’s bimonthly newsletter.
During the weekend of 16 and 17 of July of 2005 , Strom with other people were removed from the National Alliance because of a dispute with the leaders of the organization. 9 Former members of the association, led by Strom, quickly formed their own organization , National Vanguard . As it did previously in the National Alliance, Strom again distributed a weekly weekly radio program called American Dissident Voices to the National Vanguard , but the program often suffered delays of one to three weeks. These programs ceased to occur with the departure of the organization.
Strom was also and for a short time the editor of The Truth at Last newspaper in 2005 . Several sources have described this tabloid as racist and anti-Semitic. 13 15 The head of Strom in The Truth at Last , Edward R. Fields , was once a Grand Dragon of the New Order Knights of the KKK . 16
Strom was a close associate of the writer, nationalist and professor of the University of Illinois Revilo P. Oliver , who has been described as “one of the most notorious American fascists and, according to B’nai Brith Canada , was a great propeller of the Anti-Semitism “. 17 Strom was chosen to be the archivist and publish Oliver’s essays after he committed suicide in 1994 . In 2002 , Strom published the book The Jewish Strategy by Oliver.
From his marriage to his first wife, Kirsten Helene Kaiser , there were three children. 18 Since her marriage ended, Kaiser has spoken of his life with Strom in several interviews. 18 19 He also wrote a book that tells of his experiences with Strom and the National Alliance called ” The Bondage of Self ” ( ISBN 0-9720705-5-9 ). Kaiser stated that her husband was extremely possessive, and that he forbade wearing jeans or eating meat and even predetermined her favorite music, making him listen to Mozart . 19 Since then, she has broken away from the racist beliefs she maintained when she was married and summed up her years of living with Strom: “Hundreds of women like me ended up with some guy from some racist group who controlled our lives. I could escape and recover my soul, so can they. ” 18
The 4 of January of 2007 , Strom was arrested in Greene County , Virginia on charges of possession of child pornography and intimidation of witnesses. 20 The jury later added the charges of receiving child pornography and sexual harassment from a 10-year-old girl. 5 The December to June of 2007 , Strom pleaded not guilty to the new charges. 5
Previously, Strom had already retired from National Vanguard claiming that he “had made mistakes, sometimes quite serious.” twenty-one
In the federal trial that was conducted in October 2007 on charges of sexual harassment of a 10 year old girl and intimidating his wife to prevent the present to give part of the activities of Strom, evidence was presented that included more Of 100 photographs of the girl and the testimony of her mother, touching the subject of the gifts that the accused sent anonymously to his daughter. Finally, the charges for lack of evidence of an effective harassment were dismissed. The trial for possession of child pornography took place in January 2008 . 22
- Strom holds an amateur radio operation license : WB4AIO.
- Entre 1983 y 1991, una emisora de radio pirata llamada “Voice of Tomorrow”, la cual operaba tanto en onda corta como en onda media,23 empezó a transmitir material abiertamente racista y neonazi,24presumiblemente desde el área de Lynchburg, Virginia. De acuerdo con la exesposa de Strom, Kirsten Kaiser, “Voice of Tomorrow” era operada por su marido.19
- Back to top↑ National Poverty Law Center Intelligence Report: Active Hate Groups in 2005
- Back to top↑ Leadership Shakeup at Neo-Nazi National Alliance Leads to Formation Of New Group Anti-Defamation League . Press release of May 3, 2005
- Back to top↑ National Vanguard Statement on Kevin Alfred Strom
- ↑ Jump to:a b ABC News Article on Strom’s Child Pornography Charges
- ↑ Jump to:a b c Supremacist pleads not guilty to felony counts . Charlottesville Daily Progress . June 17, 2007. Archived from the original on November 22, 2015 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ Greene man guilty of child porn . Charlottesville Daily Progress . January 15, 2008. Archived from the original on November 22, 2015 . Consulted the 15 of January of 2008 .
- Back to top↑ White nationalist sentenced in child porn case . Charlottesville Daily Progress . April 21, 2008. Archived from the original on November 22, 2015 . Consulted the 23 of April of 2008 .
- Back to top↑ Shelly, Jared (26 January 2006). «Anti-Semitic Material Pops Up in City, Suburbs» . The Jewish Exponent . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c «Leadership Shakeup at the Neo-Nazi National Alliance Leads to Formation of New Group» . Anti-Defamation League . 3 May 2005 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top^ Eskenazi, Joe (April 18, 2003). Free speech clashes with anti-Semitism in Santa Rosa . Jewish News Weekly . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ Into the lists . Daily Telegraph . March 19, 2006 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ «Factsheet on The National Alliance» . The Prejudice Institute . 13 June 2005 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b «Marketing Extremism» . Intelligence Report ( Southern Poverty Law Center ). Winter 2005 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ «2000 annual report: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA» . Stephen Roth Institute . Archived from the original on November 22, 2015 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ Will, Michael (November 18, 2000). «Racist newspaper condemns Kahn for Judaism, compares Barr to Jesus» . Creative Loafing . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ «Edward Fields» . Extremism in America . Anti-Defamation League . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ 
- ↑ Jump to:a b c Finn, Scott (May 7, 2003). I feel these people raped my soul . The Charleston Gazette . Archived from the original on January 4, 2013 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c «Inside the Alliance» . Intelligence Report . Southern Poverty Law Center . Winter 1999 . Retrieved on June 23, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ Graff, Henry (January 5, 2007). Man Facing Pornography Charges . NBC 29 . Retrieved on June 23, 2006 .
- Back to top↑ Marcus Baram (January 4, 2007). “White Supremacist Busted on Child-Porn Charge .” ABC News . Accessed January 6, 2007 .
- Back to top↑ “Charges dropped against white supremacist” Lack of evidence cited at enticement trial “Rob Seal. The Daily Progress . Charlottesville, Va .: October 4, 2007.
- Back to top↑ 
- Back to top↑ Hougan, Jim (Fall 1990). «The covert spectrum – pirate and secret broadcasting» . Whole Earth Review . Archived from the original on June 29, 2012 . Accessed June 24, 2007 .