Josef Janisch ( Salzburg , Austria , 22 of April of 1909 – 26 of July of 1964 ) was an engineer and officer of the SS Nazi participant in the Holocaust Jews during the Second World War . He was a member of Section IVB4 of the Gestapo .
Janisch entered the Nazi Party with the number: 1,619,295 and the SS with the number: 299.849. He reached the rank of SS Obersturmführer (Lieutenant). He was decorated with the War Service Cross in his First Class. He worked in the Department of Construction of Auschwitz , being responsible for the construction of the crematoria of Birkenau , then passes into IVB4b Section , in charge of the Section of Transportation working directly under the orders of Adolf Eichmann .
He was captured after the war, by the Americans who brought them to court for crimes against humanity .
- SS Mann – Shadow Soldier. January 1942
- SS Untersturmführer – Second Lieutenant . Fall of 1942
- SS Obersturmführer – Lieutenant . January 1943.
- Information about Janisch in Axis Forum History
- Me, Adolf Eichmann. A historical memory . Author Adolf Eichmann (Memoirs), Planeta Editorial, ISBN 84-320-3620-X , Collection Document, 1980
- “Eichmann interrogated”, transcriptions from the archives of the Israeli Police, Da CAPO Press, New York, ISBN 0-306-80916-8 , 1999. (in English).