Heinz Jost ( Homberg -Holzhausen, 9 of July of 1904 – Bensheim , December from November of 1964 ) was a prominent Nazi official with the rank of SS- Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der Polizei and Head of the Main Section of the SD-Hauptamt Amt III ( Abwehr ) of the Reich Central Security Office (RSHA). In March 1942 he led theEinsatzgruppen A Command .
Jost joined the Nazi Party on 1 of February of 1928 , with the record number of 75,946 and the SS the 25 of July of 1934 , with the number 36,243. Jost member of the Foundation was Lebensborn on 1 December 1937. The 22 of June of 1941 , he was appointed Head of Section VI of the Sicherheitsdienst (SD) of the RSHA , responsible for operations while abroad. Between 29 March and 2 as September as 1942 , he was commander of Einsatzgruppen A, in the Soviet Union .
After the end of the war he was arrested and tried in the so-called “Einsatzgruppen” Trial by an American Military Court in Nuremberg between 1947 and 1948. Initially sentenced to death, the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment and finally released in 1951.
- SS- Sturmbannführer (July 28, 1934).
- SS- Obersturmbannführer (July 20, 1935).
- SS- Standartenführer (April 20, 1936).
- SS- Oberführer (April 20, 1937).
- SS- Brigadeführer .u.Gen.Maj.d.Pol. (April 20, 1939).
- Mark C. Yerger; Allgemeine SS , Schiffer Military History, ISBN 0-7643-0145-4 .