Hans-Adolf Prützmann ( Tolkemit , East Prussia (now Tolkmicko , Poland ) 31 August of 1901 – Luneburg , Germany ; 21 of maypole of 1945 ) was a military German , SS – Obergruppenführer , general of the Waffen SS and the police , Secretary of State for Prussia and member of the Reichstag . He is known for having organized the guerrillas Nazi Werwolf at the end of the Second World War .
Prutzmann entered the Nazi Party in 1930 with the number 142,290 and SS in the 12 of August of 1930 , with the number of militant 3,002. He began his career at Sturm 24 SS from August 1930 to March 1931. From March 1931 until August of that year he was appointed Deputy to the Head of Standarte 30, in Bochum , Westphalia . Later he was head of the Standarten 19 and 18, between 1931 and 1933.
It happens to direct a section of the SS in Stuttgart in the following years. In 1938 he was elected member of the Reichstag by Prussia , a position he held until May 1945 . During the war, he was appointed High Command of the Police and SS (HSSPF) directing the regions called “Nordsee”, “Nordost” and “Ostland und Russland”, in Russia ; Had its Headquarters in Ukraine until September of 1944.
Between 1944 and 1945, he was appointed inspector of the guerrilla units ” Werwolf ” whose mission was to carry out acts of sabotage and terrorism in Germany after the fall of the Third Reich , however the criticism on his work was that it was a very poor management for Part of Prützmann, the Werwolf detachments did not produce the expected results. On May 21, 1945, he was captured by troops of the British Army in Lüneburg. When identified, he ingested a cyanide capsule and died immediately. Incidentally, the SS Reichsführer Heinrich Himmler would die the same way two days later in the same place and under the same conditions.
Career in SS
- General of the Waffen SS : 1 of July of 1944 ;
- SS- Obergruppenführer and General of Police: November 9 , 1941 ;
- SS- Gruppenführer : 28 as February as 1934 ;
- SS- Brigadeführer : November 9 , 1933 ;
- SS- Oberführer : 26 as June as 1933 ;
- SS- Standartenführer : 1 as January as 1932 ;
- SS- Sturmbannführer : 3 as August as 1931 ;
- SS- Sturmführer : October as November as 1930 ;
- Deutsches Kreuz in Gold: 16. 06. 1944, for commanding the “Kampfgruppe” Prützmann “
- 1939 EK I: 1943
- 1939 EK II: 1941
- KVK I m. Schw.
- KVK II, m. Schw.
- Goldenes Parteiabzeichen
- Dienstauszeichnungen der NSDAP in Silber und Bronze
- Ehrendegen des RF SS / Totenkopfring der SS
- Allgemeine SS by Mark C. Yerger, Schiffer Military History Book, page 27, ISBN 0-7643-0145-4
- Journal, by Joseph Goebbels , entry April 1, 1945, Plaza & Janes, SA Editores, 1979.