Forever ( Tot altijd ) is a Belgian filmof 2012 directed by Nic Balthazar and whose scenario is based on real facts.
This film is, after Ben X , the second feature by Nic Balthazar.
The Real Facts
Forever is based on the story of Mario Verstraete , a patient with multiple sclerosis who has been fighting for years for Belgium to legislate on euthanasia and who will ultimately be the first to Serve in 2002 .
- Koen De Graeve : Mario Verstraete
- Geert Van Rampelberg : Thomas, friend of Mario
- Lotte Pinoy : Lynn, friend of Mario
- Iwein Segers : Speck, Friend Mario
- Viviane De Muynck : Francine, mother of Mario
- Michel Van Dousselaere : Roger, the father of Mario
- Eva Van Der Gucht : Sask, the wife of Speck
- Ben Segers : Glen, the physiotherapist of Mario
- An Miller : Sofie, Mario’s ex-wife
- Felix Maesschalck : Milan, Mario’s son
- Lucas Vandervost : Frank Valaeys (after the euthanasist doctors Marc Cosyns and Wim Distelmans )
- 2012: Second Ensors Ceremony
- Best film
- Best actor for Geert Van Rampelberg
- Best Editing for Philippe Ravoet
- 2012: Valladolid International Film Festival (Spain): Audience Award and Best Film Award
- 2012: International Film Festival in Abitibi-Témiscamingue (Quebec): Hydro-Québec award (better public appreciation)
- Magritte du cinéma 2014 : Best Flemish film in co-production