David Duke Ernest (born 1 from July of 1950 ) is a historian , activist , writer breakaway of the white population and far – right politician American one (see militia movement in the US ), former leader “Grand Wizard” of the Ku Klux Klan . 2 3 He is world-renowned for his controversial statements and books, which advocates the preservation of the European white heritage and Western civilization , highlighting the dangers to the survival of the white European race today. 4
He was a member of the House of Representatives of Louisiana and former Rep Republican of Louisiana State [ citation needed ] , was also a candidate in the presidential primaries in 1988 and 1992. [ citation needed ] was associated with factions of the Ku Klux Klan , a nationalist organization White in the United States, has also been founder of the White Youth Alliance , white American supremacist group. 5
Defined as racialist , he argues that “all people have a fundamental human right to preserve their own cultural heritage” and is in favor of voluntary racial segregation. In relation to the state of Israel , it has maintained, in the denationalizing conference of Iran of 2006, that “the Holocaust is the device used as pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder” . 6 (Trad .: The Holocaust is the mechanism used as a pillar of imperialism, aggression, terror and murder Zionists .). He is a staunch critic of the State of Israel in relation to his neighbors of the Middle East and the West, who calls this ” Zionist oppression .” In addition, he maintains that the globalist agenda and globalization will eradicate national identities, culture and human diversity. 7
In 2007 , he was going to present his book The Jewish Supremacismo in the Bookstore Europe , located in Barcelona , but finally the act was suspended by the justice, when incurring in crime of apology of the racism. Referring to Fig.
Early years and youth
David Duke was born in Tulsa , Oklahoma . His parents were David Duke Sr. and Alice Maxine Crick. As the son of a Shell Oil Company engineer , Duke used to move with his family around the world. They lived a short time in the Netherlands and then settle in Louisiana . In the late 1960s, Duke met William Luther Pierce , the leader of the white and anti-Semitic National Alliance , which would leave an influence throughout his life. Duke joined the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) in 1967.
In 1968, Duke enrolled at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge, and in 1970, formed a white student group called the White Youth Alliance , which was affiliated with the White People’s National Socialist Party . The same year, in protest of the presentation of civil rights activist William Kunstler at Tulane University in New Orleans , Duke appeared at a demonstration in a Nazi uniform .
Duke said he spent nine months in Laos . In fact he went to Laos to meet his father, who was working there. In 1971, his father got him a job that was to teach English to the Laotian military, from which he was fired for drawing a moletov cocktail on the board. Referring to Fig.
While working at the White Youth Alliance, Duke met Chloe Hardin, who was also a group activist. They were college mates and married in 1974. They had two children, Erika and Kristin. They divorced in 1984, and Chloe moved to West Palm Beach , Florida , to be close to her parents. There, she had a romantic relationship with Duke’s friend Don Black , whom she later married. For his part, Duke developed a permanent weakness for gambling .
In his political career he has represented Louisiana (USA), 6 participated in the US House of Representatives, he has been a candidate for Governor of Louisiana, and two candidate for President of the United States times. Duke participated as a Democratic party politician in the Louisiana Senate in 1975 . In 1988 , he participated in the Democratic primaries for the presidency, without any success. In December 1988, Duke changed his Democratic Party affiliation to the Republican Party. He also served in the House of Representatives from 1990 to 1992.
Later political activities
In 2015, it was reported in the media that Duke backed Donald Trump ‘s presidential nomination for the 2016 US presidential election . 10 Duke replied on his website saying that he did not currently endorse Trump, who personally disagreed with many of the candidate’s views, such as Trump’s support for Israel, but which is the best of all with respect to his immigration position. What’s more, he said he would vote for Trump as a strategic action. That is why in February 2016 he asked the listeners of his radio program to support Trump’s candidacy, because the future of white Americans would be at stake and to vote against the candidate would be a betrayal of the European heritage of whites . 11 12
- Back to top↑ National Democracy brings David Duke to Madrid . Article in Daily Diocese of November 12 , 2007 .
- Back to top↑ Duke, David. «My Awakening: A Path to Racial Understanding» . Free Speech Press. Archived from the original on November 13, 2015 . Consulted the 17 of September of 2007 .
- Back to top↑ «David Duke: White Revolution on the Internet» . Anti-Defamation League . Accessed November 13, 2006 .
- Back to top↑ “Former Klansman David Duke has long history of controversy” (in English) . The Dallas Morning News . February 28, 2016 . Accessed March 5, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ David Duke: White Revolution on the Internet . Article on the Anti-Defamation League page.
- ↑ Jump to:a b Iranian leader says Israel will be ‘wiped out’ . Article on the MSNBC news page .
- Back to top↑ «David Duke: Freud, Zionism and Sexual Revolution» . The Sentinel. July 6, 2014 . Accessed March 5, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ Former KKK leader’s conference suspended for protests . Article in Diariocritico México of November 25 , 2007 .
- Back to top↑ “The real David Duke” (in English) . Newsweek . 17 November 1991 . Retrieved on March 9, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ «David Duke, the controversial exponent of the Ku Klux Klan who supports Donald Trump» . BBC . March 1, 2016 . Accessed March 3, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ «David Duke, ex-leader of the Ku Klux Klan, asks for support for Trump:” The future of white Americans is at stake . ” Digital Alert. February 28, 2016 . Accessed March 3, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ «Exlíder del Ku Klux Klan supports Donald Trump» . CNN in Spanish . February 29, 2016 . Accessed March 3, 2016 .