Benito Cerati Amenábar ( Santiago de Chile , 26 of November of 1993 ) is a singer , musician and composer Chilean – Argentine . Son of Gustavo Cerati and Cecilia Amenábar .
He was born on 26 of November of 1993 in Las Condes , 1 Santiago de Chile . During his gestation, his father had distanced himself from his band and was composing the material for his first solo album Love Yellow , inspired by this new stage of his life. The song ” I take you to take me ” and that was the first single of this album, was inspired by the pregnancy of Cecilia, 2 at the end of the song you hear Benito’s heartbeat and in the video clip of that theme appeared inside the belly Of his mother, who showed an advanced state of pregnancy. 3 In 1995, during a concert of Soda Stereo in the Teatro Monumental in Chile , Benito came on stage with the fervor of the audience chanted his name appeared. 4 After the birth of her sister Lisa (also born in Santiago), he and his family moved to the sector Vicente López , Buenos Aires , Argentina , in May where he currently resides, so has dual nationality. 6 7 8
From a very early age Benito followed in the footsteps of his father, who was astonished to see that his son was overcoming it, “in three hours he wrote things that took me a long time,” he said. 3 Cecilia said that she learned playing with a Casio keyboard. 6 He recorded several homemade discs that were heard in his family, -the first one was called Rocket and recorded it at the age of five; In addition, during his childhood, as a hobby, he wrote screenplays, stories and studied guitar with Fabio Rey (member of Los Brujos ). 9 Despite his great talent, his parents never exposed him and preferred to take care of his childhood, following the advice given by Charly Garcia , “once he was fifteen years old, he could be released,” Cecilia said. 10 11 Benito participated in the compositions of some of his father’s songs in Here We Go (in the song ” Goodbye “) 9 12 and Natural Force (“Natural Force”, “Disaster”, ” Rapture ” and “Salt”). 13
In 2008, Benito formed the Entre-Paréntesis band together with Nicolás López Mullmayer and Marcos Fantozi, being the vocalist and guitarist of the group, which officially debuted at a hair salon in Palermo neighborhood in 2009, with his progenitor as a sound assistant. 14 The group performed versions of bands like Oasis or Coldplay ; His first band, as such, was just an experiment, he said. 7 That same year he recorded a tribute album to Michael Jackson with the collaboration of his parents and his sister after the death of the king of pop . 15 14 In June 2011 he made his solo debut as support for the group Pacific! – one of his father’s favorite bands – 14 at the Niceto club in Buenos Aires , where he was accompanied by Leandro Fresco and Anita Alvarez de Toledo (keyboardist and chorus player respectively from his father’s band) Sol Fernández de Enero Sera Mio. The presence of Cecilia, members of his family, and Ale Sergi (vocalist Miranda! ). eleven
In 2012, Benito formed his musical project ” Blank Tiger “, name that was taken from one of the characters of David Bowie narrating in his short stories from the album Outside . 16 They made their debut in May, 17 and later played in various parts of Argentina and Chile; 18 also participated in the first album of January will be mine, project of Sol Fernandez , doing some programming and choirs. 19
In 2013, Benito decided to rename Blank Tiger as ” Zero Kill, ” a term used in World War II to warn that there were no dead, “Conceptually, everything I do, later makes sense,” he said. 16 In April, with the participation of the duet “Ut Ut Ut” in bass and synthesizers, Juan Strambini on guitar and Oaky Castellani on drums, Benito presented his first single, “Automatic Lunatic”. On September 23, he followed the second cut, “Dizzy,” a song totally sung in English. 20 Two days later, he presented his first album Trip Tour , produced by Tweety González (keyboardist for several years of Soda Stereo ), Nicolas ‘Parker’ Pucci – in “Dizzy” – and Benedict himself. 21 This work was nominated as “Best New Pop Artist Album” at the Gardel Awards 2014 . 22
He continued to perform with Zero Kill in Argentina and Chile, in the latter country, were the opening act of Babasónicos in the Caupolicán Theater , on August 30, 2014. 23 After his father died, Benito participated in the tributes that were made to him. First in an event made two months after his death, titled Siempre es hoy , where he sang with Charly García “Vampiro”, a song in which Gustavo played guitar and forms part of the album Tango 4 by Charly with Pedro Aznar . The tribute was broadcast on public TV a few weeks later; 24 the second, on June 21, 2015, in the Planetarium of Buenos Aires, as the end of the Festival of Emerging City, where he sang with his father’s band, “I take you to take me”, making falsetto in the parts that he originally sang His mother Cecilia. 25
In 2016, he signed with Sony to publish a new album of his project Zero Kill, again under the production of Tweety González and Benito himself. 26
His main influence is David Bowie . 27 He has also recognized influences of Keane , Goldfrapp , Garbage , MGMT , Michael Jackson , Orbit and Moloko , as well as his father, Gustavo Cerati . 7 27
- 2013: Trip Tour
- 2016: Alien Head
- 2006: Here we go (by Gustavo Cerati )
- 2009: Natural Force (by Gustavo Cerati )
- 2012: Game 0 (January will be mine)
- 1993: “I’ll Take You To Take Me Away”
- 2013: «Automatic Lunatic»
- 2014: “Dizzy”
- 2016: “Pedro, take me to the road”
- 2016: “Reincarnate”
- 2016: “The End of a Normal Relationship”
- Gardel Awards 2014 : Best New Pop Artist Album ( Trip Tour )
- Back to top↑ Civil Registry and Identification Service, Inscription n ° 8038, Year 1993, Circumscription: Las Condes
- Back to top↑ «Yellow lover» . The Mercury . August 17, 2001 . Accessed November 1, 2011 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b «Gustavo Cerati: This record is pure desire» . The Mercury . November 22, 2009 . Retrieved on October 5, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ «Chile and Gustavo Cerati: A special relationship» . Channel 13 Chile . September 9, 2010 . Retrieved on October 5, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ Page / 12 . “I am what I am not .” Accessed December 12, 2014 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c «Cecilia Amenábar: I hope to return to live in Chile» . The Mercury . September 25, 2011 . Accessed October 26, 2011 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c Mario Jürgensen (February 19, 2012). «The world of Benedict» . The Weekly . The Third . Accessed February 20, 2012 .
- Back to top↑ «Cerati in Mendoza: the interview before the international tour» . The Andes . May 19, 2010 . Retrieved on October 8, 2011 . “I have lived in Santiago for some time. My children were born there and there is the familiar thing of their belonging; Although they are more Argentines than Chileans.
- ↑ Jump to:a b “I describe the artist who uses honesty” . Clarín . April 2, 2006 . Retrieved on October 7, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ Aguayo, Emiliano (2005). Damn Sudaca. Conversations With Jorge González . P. 22. ISBN 978-0-7535-0481-9 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b «Son of Cerati had last night his test of fire in music» . The Third . June 22, 2011 . Retrieved on October 5, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ «Gustavo Cerati: el adelantado» . The Argentine Nation . 2 July 2006 . Retrieved on October 7, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ “I cried when Michael Jackson died .” The Mercury . September 4, 2009 . Retrieved on October 5, 2011 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c «Son of Cerati will teloneará one of his father’s favorite groups» . The Third . June 21, 2011 . Retrieved on October 7, 2011 .
- Back to top↑ ‘SON OF CERATI BIRTHDAY SINGING IN “LES PRAY GIVE THE BEST MUSIC ” » . Terra.cl . August 11, 2011. Filed from the original on November 24, 2015 . Retrieved on October 8, 2011 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b Yumber Vera Rojas (December 26, 2013). “This record is like screaming help .” Page 12 . Retrieved on December 9, 2014 .
- Back to top↑ «Son of Cerati released his new band» . Radio Cooperativa . May 16, 2012 . Retrieved on July 5, 2012 .
- Back to top↑ «The” deformed pop “that the son of Cerati will show in Chile» . Earth . August 30, 2012 . Retrieved on September 10, 2012 .
- Back to top↑ «Gustavo Cerati’s son:” My first musical instrument was given to me by my father ” ». The Commerce . June 17, 2012.
- Back to top↑ «Benito Cerati sings in English: listen to” Dizzy ” » . TN . September 23, 2013 . Accessed on December 8, 2014 .
- Back to top↑ «Benito Cerati continues to present his work with Zero Kill» . TN . July 24, 2014 . Retrieved on December 9, 2014 .
- Back to top↑ Gabriel Imparato (August 4, 2014). «Zero Kill and a nomination at the Gardel Awards» . The Capital . Retrieved on December 9, 2014 .
- Back to top↑ Cooperativa.cl (May 20, 2014). «It changed the concert date of Babasónicos and Benito Cerati» . Radio Cooperativa . Retrieved on December 9, 2014 .
- Back to top↑ «Charly García and Benito Cerati closed an emotional tribute to Gustavo Cerati on Public TV» . Telam . November 5, 2014 . Retrieved on July 8, 2016 .
- Back to top↑ «Tribute to Gustavo Cerati: the emotional tribute of Benito Cerati and the best in videos» . Diaadia.com.ar . Contenidos Mediterraneos SA June 22, 2016 . Retrieved on July 8, 206 .
- Back to top↑ «Benito Cerati signed contract with Sony» . The Nation . May 13, 2016 . Retrieved on July 8, 2016 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b Nayive Ananías G (August 31, 2012). “Cecilia Amenábar in Chile:” Music is a disease … and chronic! ” » . The Second . Retrieved on September 10, 2012 .