A merced is a song composed by Gustavo Cerati for his first solo album Amor amarillo . This song had never played in their concerts, but in the Natural Force Tour was included in the setlist along with other songs from this album. This tour would become the last of his career before falling into a coma in 2010 and later death in 2014.
It is a love song written for Cecilia Amenábar . The phrases “I hear you dream” and “I almost want you to wake up” may refer to Gustavo composing the song (like the whole album) in the living room of his house in Providencia , at night while Cecilia slept. 1
It is the subject that closes the album (in the second edition). He is singing for Gustavo and in the second part of the song the choruses are made by Cecilia while Gustavo recites the verses of the song “Yellow Love” and finishes repeating the phrase “I love you”.
- The only live version (until 2009) had made a sound for FM 100 radio 14 as April as 1994 , which was also broadcast on Much Music with Zeta Bosio on bass, in what would be the only official presentation of disk.
- In the live version of the Natural Strength Tour the song was divided into two parts (the same as the original), the first song by Gustavo with acoustic guitar, and the second with electric guitar and Anita Álvarez de Toledo in choirs.
- In 2014 Cecilia Amenábar makes a version (accompanied by Jorge González and Gonzalo Yáñez ) for the disc tribute to Gustavo called Te veré volver made by Chilean artists. 2
- In August of 2001 it is part of the live record 11 Symphonic Episodes
- Gustavo Cerati – Voice, guitars.
- Cecilia Amenábar – Bass, backing vocals.
- Back to top↑ The year Cerati crossed the Andes
- Back to top↑ Jorge González and Cecilia Amenábar recorded a theme by Gustavo Cerati