The ghetto Andrychów (in German Andrichau ) was a ghetto established by the Nazis in Poland occupied during World War II , to rally population Jewish . Located in the city of Andrychów .
The ghetto was established in 1942 and was located in the poorest part of the city. It included Szewska, Brzegi and Kośvitzkiego streets. It had a capacity for 500 people. A wall two meters high surrounded the central part of the ghetto, on Brzegi Street, while the other streets remained open. 1
From the beginning, the ghetto seemed to be operating according to an established pattern. It was a rule that the elderly, the sick and children under 10 years of age were transported to Auschwitz , while their place was occupied by others brought mainly from Nidek, Inwałd, Czaniec, Kęty, Żywiec Zablocie and Biała. 1
The final settlement of the Andrychów ghetto occurred on November 2 , 1943 .
- ↑ Jump to:a b c History – Jewish community before 1989 – Andrychów – Virtual Shtetl Museum of the History of Polish Jews