Hildegart Rodríguez Carballeira ( Madrid , 9 of December of 1914 – Madrid, 9 of June of 1933 ) was a child prodigy conceived by his mother, Aurora Rodriguez Carballeira , as a”model of woman of the future”. At the age of three he was already writing, at eight he spoke six languages and with only 17 he finished his law studies and was a very active member of the PSOE and after the Federal Democratic Republican Party . At the age of 18, when Hildegart was becoming internationally known, and in the attempt to get away from the vital project that her mother had reserved for her, she, who suffered from paranoia , killed her with three shots in the head and one in her heart while she slept in his bed.
He cut off her arms, legs and tongue. Her mother tried for the first time human flesh, the flesh of her own daughter.
Hildegart was conceived in the Galician locality of Ferrol ( Corunna ) by the socialist Aurora Rodríguez Carballeira and a biological progenitor chosen by her only for that purpose, that turned out to be a priest. Once she became pregnant she moved to Madrid , where Hildegart was born on December 9 , 1914 in the street of Juanelo, 3 . Among the peculiar set of ideas of his mother was the conviction that children should not be enrolled in the register, but finally did (as late as April 29, 1915, after baptism on March 23, Despite being his militant atheist mother ).
Her birth certificate is “Hildegart Leocadia Georgina Hermenegilda Maria del Pilar Rodríguez Carballeira”, although she only used the first name. His mother always said that Hildegart, also known by the holy Hildegard of Bingen , meant “Garden of Wisdom” in German , but nothing justifies that statement (although it could mean “heroic virgin who helps in battle” but with a spelling Incorrect 1 ). Until the four years was visited by its priest father, until Aurora began to suspect of its influence and it prohibited it.
From very young Hildegart began to work actively in the PSOE and in the UGT , having a wide support between the bases, although the dome looked at it with suspicion and tried to minimize its public presence. The publication in 1932 of a letter in the newspaper La Libertad , in which he strongly criticized a possible PSOE alliance with a reactionary candidate, led to his expulsion. After this he became a member of the Federal Party and a fervent critic of the “socialenchufistas”.
The sexual revolution
Hildegart was one of the most active people of the time in the movement for the sexual reform in Spain, and was connected with the European vanguard in that subject, having correspondence with Havelock Ellis , of which was translator. When the Spanish League for the Sexual Reform was founded, presided over by Dr. Gregorio Marañón , she is chosen secretary without hesitation. He published several texts, including the monograph The Sexual Revolution that sold 8,000 copies, only in Madrid, in the first week after its publication. He maintained an extensive correspondence with European personalities of the time, including HG Wells , whom he accompanied extensively when he visited Madrid and whose claim to take her to London as a secretary, in addition to intending to separate from his mother and develop her potential , Gave rise to the paranoid conspiracies that Aurora saw around her.
Although different theories appeared at the time, including an alleged relationship with Abel Vilella, what appears most likely and coincides with his mother’s account is that the deterioration of the relationship between the two was profound, mainly because of the progress of paranoia Of his mother, who complained that he had brought her into the world to deal with the condition of women, “and not of socialeros and comuneros.” Hildegart tried several times to separate from her, to which her mother responded with threats of suicide. The 9 as June as 1933 night, when Hildegart slept in her bed, her mother shot him three times in the head and one in the heart, killing her instantly. When Aurora saw that her daughter was separated from her project, she decided to destroy it: “The sculptor, after discovering the slightest imperfection in his work, destroys it.”
- The sexual rebelliousness of youth Madrid: Javier Morata 1931. Reprinted with prologue by Eduardo de Guzmán. Editorial Anagrama, Barcelona, 1977. 262 pp. ISBN 84-339-1302-6
- Contraceptive prophylaxis. Voluntary paternity , Valencia 1931. Reprinted in the collection Feminist Vindication by RICOU (Barcelona, 1978).
- Malthusimo and neomalthusismo , Madrid 1932
- Was Marx wrong? , Madrid, Proletarian Novel, 1932
- Quo vadis, bourgeoisie? , Madrid, Proletarian Novel, 1932
- The sexual problem treated by a Spanish woman Madrid, Ediciones Morata, 1977 258 pp. ISBN 84-7112-057-7
- Methods to avoid pregnancy. (Voluntary maternity) Zaragoza, Guara, 1978 128 p. ISBN 84-85303-04-0
Works inspired by his life
- Aurora de sangre: life and death of Hildegart ( Eduardo de Guzmán ), ed. Gregorio del Toro, Madrid, 1972; And ed. The deaf lantern, Madrid, 2014. ISBN 978-84-942466-5-4
- Aurora of blood or the red virgin ” Rafael Azcona Jet Films 1977. Guion of the film of Fernán Gómez based on the novel of Eduardo de Guzmán.
- The Red Virgin (Fernando Arrabal), ed. Seix Barral, Barcelona, 1987.
- To me, do not let anyone bend: Aurora Rodriguez, his life and his work (Hildegart) (Rosa Cal Martínez Sada), Ediciós do Castro, Sada (La Coruña), 19 ??.
- Hildegart, the red virgin (Joan Llarch), Barcelona, Producciones publishiales, 1979. 155 p.
- My dear daughter Hildegart ( Carmen Domingo ), ed. Destination, 2008.
- Hell: Ribellarsi al Destino Traduzione e studio de La virgen roja di Fernando Arrabal (Antonietta Martini), Edizioni Accademiche Italiane, Saarbrücken, 2014.
- The manuscript found in Ciempozuelos: analysis of the clinical history of Aurora Rodríguez ( Guillermo Rendueles ), ed. Endymion, Madrid, 1989, ISBN 84-7731-023-8 . Study of the clinical history of Aurora in the hospital of Ciempozuelos .
- My daughter Hildegart (1977), directed by Fernando Fernán Gómez , with script by the director and Rafael Azcona , and starring Amparo Soler Leal (in the role of Aurora ) and Carmen Roldán (in the role of Hildegart). The author of the original book on which the film is based, Aurora de sangre , Eduardo de Guzmán , is one of the characters in his own book, played in the film by actor Manuel Galiana .
- Back to top↑ Hildegard in the German Wiktionary