Audrie Pott , sometimes called Audrey Pott in the media, was a 15-year-old student who attended Saratoga High School, California , and who committed suicide on September 12, 2012. She would have been sexually assaulted by three teenagers At a party eight days earlier and several photos of his rape were posted on the internet with harassment intentions. 1
Pott’s suicide and circumstances surrounding him have been compared to the suicide of Rehtaeh Parsons , a young woman from Canada, which seems to show very similar characteristics. The new laws are being considered as a result of these events. 2 3
In early September 2012, Pott went to the party with 10 other teenagers who were alcoholized . 4 Three or more of these adolescents are alleged to have raped Pott. In the assault, photographs of the event were taken and distributed through social networks and SMS . In the following days, Pott reported being intimidated by those who saw the photographs. On September 12, 2012, Pott killed himself.
In April 2013, three sixteen-year-old boys were arrested in Northern California on suspicion of sexual assault on Pott. 1 Pott’s parents also filed a lawsuit against the three teenagers, and in July 2013, they added a fifteen-year-old girl as a defendant at the trial, claiming she was present during the assault and then lied about it Help cover it up. 5
- ↑ Jump to:a b «Three 16-year-old boys are charged in ANOTHER tragic web ‘sexual assault’ suicide: Teens arrested after girl, 15 killed herself when they ‘posted photos of her ordeal online ‘ » . Daily Mail . Retrieved on April 13, 2013 .
- Back to top↑ US teen’s death eerily similar to Rehtaeh Parsons’s story – Nova Scotia – CBC News » . CBC News . April 12, 2013 . Retrieved on April 12, 2013 . «The case involving three US teens arrested for sexual battery last week against a 15-year-old girl from California who took her own life is similar to the tragedy involving Nova Scotia teen Rehtaeh Parsons, says attorney Robert Allard.
- Back to top↑ «3 US teens arrested for sexual battery after girl’s suicide – World – CBC News» . CBC News . April 12, 2013 . Retrieved on April 13, 2013 . “In Canada, authorities are looking further into the case of a 17-year-old girl who killed herself Sunday after an alleged rape and months of bullying. A photo said to be of the 2011 Assault of Rehtaeh Parsons was shared online. She was 15 at the time. »
- Back to top↑ «Audrie Pott Suicide: Top 10 Facts You Need to Know» . Heavy . Retrieved on April 14, 2013 .
- Back to top↑ http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23742459/saratoga-teen-girl-defendant-added-suit-girls-suicide